Thursday, April 18, 2013

Our first guests!

First, this is what I wake up to most mornings above my bed:
Sorry mom... is it creepy that I watch you sleep?

We had a really nice time with my dad and stepmom last weekend.  I got my dad off the couch and made him install a curtain rod - he broke a screw in the wall, so I won't be having him do anything else at my house.  Maybe that was his plan all along?
Sorry, neighbors.  No more free shows.
The night before they got in we cleaned up and put together the guest room.  We built that bed about two years ago, from free plans on ana-white.com.


It's still a little empty, but we'll fill it in.  The hall bathroom is starting to shape up as well.


I'm so in love with that vanity.  Eventually, the mirror will sit on top of the chair rail, but we have to move the wires for the lights first.  And that floor?  It's not wood - it's ceramic tile that looks like wood.

While we were out running errands, our amazing carpenter was super productive.

Remember when the closets in our bedroom looked like this because the former occupants tore out the shelving system?

Well, now my closet looks like this!

Jason is AH.  MAZE.  ING.  I drew him a picture of what I wanted, and he made it happen.  I painted all the boards for him, and he cut them out and put everything together.  Actually, he made it even better - he said "Your bottom shelf was only 14" from the floor, and I figured you might have tall boots, so I hope you don't mind I made the bottom shelf 16" instead."  How thoughtful is that?!  Sorry girls, he's engaged.  

The boards for Matt's closet need one more coat of paint, and then he'll get a closet this weekend.

We also have real stairs instead of plywood!
Yeah, the cat is a creeper.


Matt did such a good job staining them, they match the floors exactly.

Lets see, what else?  Oh, the rug I ordered for the living room came in, and brings some much-needed color.


And finally, the pot filler faucet above the stove is hooked up and working wonderfully.

Hopefully we'll have a backsplash soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment